Sunday 20 September 2015

Psycho

That rush of euphoria when you nail a song you've been practising for a while, but never quite managed. My latest hurdle was "Meant to be Yours" from Heathers, which is just an all out beltfest, and absolutely exhausting, and after 4 days, I've finally got it to a happy starting point. Still plenty of a way to go with it though. Considering doing this for my technique song this year, as it has a lot to work on.

There is every possibility we'll be doing Heathers for our show this year, and if we do, and the irony of auditioning for the part of "psycho boyfriend" is not lost on me, but I love the part, and the show, and won't settle for less. Don't misunderstand, Ram and Kurt are both really good roles with a lot to do, but something about JD resonates with me, that, and I don't much fancy spending the entire second act in my underwear.

It's gonna be a tough road, but I'm already on it. Whether we do Heathers or not, fitness and vocal excercises are going to stay a daily routine. As soon as it's confirmed, I'll get the script and the character down. This is one of the 3 things I'm going to accomplish this year, and nothing is going to stop me!

Stay strong folks,

Kexys

No comments:

Post a Comment